Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy Courses tailored to suit your needs…
Northern Guild is a long-established training provider with a national reputation for excellence. As a leading British training school, our courses are designed to ensure that graduates have a full professional qualification that will enable them to be listed on the main UK professional registers of BACP/UKCP. Both registers are part of the Accredited Voluntary Registers (AVR) scheme set up by the Department of Health and administered by the independent Professional Standards Authority (PSA – see www.professionalstandards.org.uk).
Why study at Northern Guild?
- Our Diploma Courses train you to meet the requirements for professional registration with BACP/UKCP
- Work as a Registered Practitioner after graduation
- We can tailor our courses to suit your requirements, including the provision of individual study programmes
- Our fees are highly competitive
- We offer affordable monthly payment plans
- The option to progress onto a second training route to get two qualifications for the price of one
- Gain a Master’s Degree validated by a UK University and professionally accredited qualification simultaneously with our MSc Psychotherapy Programme
Our standard Professional Courses Include:
Certificate in Counselling Skills Course
This course is designed for those looking to develop their Counselling Skills as part of their current role or take their first step to becoming a Professional Counsellor.
- Length of course: 90 hours
- Primary mode of study: Part-time, Evening (normally 5:30pm – 9pm on Mondays)
- Location: Jesmond, Newcastle Training Centre
- Progression: Options to progress onto our advanced level courses and train to become a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist with BACP/UKCP
- Cost: £950.00
- Click here to download the Certificate in Counselling Skills course flyer
Children & Young People Specialism
Qualified practitioners maintain regulatory requirements of Continued Professional Development. Members of UKCP do this via Northern Guild, or directly with the college of registration. BACP members do this directly with BACP, click here for BACP guidance on CPD.